Monday, March 26, 2007

Last Sunday's sermon was a timely reminder for me...

i've been facing some problems recently..though i can't pinpoint what was it really, but i know i'm getting stressed and my mind is clouded with many uncertaintys..

And thats where last sunday's word came into handy... we were reminded the true meaning of having a God where nothing is too difficult or impossible for Him... the example used was none other than the one where Jesus feeds 5 thousand with 5 loaf of bread and 2 fishes and still had 8 baskets of leftovers...

though i didn't take notes during the sermon, but i did remember certain points.. so i decided i wanna write it here to constantly remind myself about these pointers..

1. When we face problems we should start reminding ourselves to see things in His point of view because God sees surplus while we see scarcity

2. If we want to see things in His point of view, we must do it with Faith...

3. With a heart of thanksgiving, we hold the key to draw nearer to Him

4. We're to be hospitable people because we have a truely hospitable God

during the sermon, the pastor oso told us about the miraculous encounter of George Miller and the orphanage... if my faith ever falter, the story shall be the reminder to me of God's faithfulness... but of course, it shouldn't be all about myself...i dun wanna be a cat christian, i want to be a dog christian(this is the cat and dog theology that my sister told me about).. i want to place God as my top priority..and that everything good or bad that happens, it shall be for His glory and not my own...

right now, i'm too tired to type out George Miller's encounter..but i'll certainly do it at a later date... till then, God bless!

No comments: