Tuesday, December 11, 2007

hols are here....but work is far from over...

there are tons and tons of resources to be completed before the new term starts....

i might be contemplating to quit JGC, but i'll definitely make sure i do a good job on my part so tt i dun leave the rest in the lurge...

why did i decide to quit eventhough i was perfectly happy working there...and these few days, i got even more acquainted with my colleagues from forum......but its really how the company is treating their staff that pissed me off and i cant stand to stay for another moment.... sighz...but i dun thnk its too convenient to put it up here anyways....

maybe i'll just give a narration of what happened today that spiralled a whole unfolding of 'truths' that had been utterly disgusted with the management...but in case i get sued for defamation, i cant reveal too much....

today, all the probational Assistant Teachers(AT) were to report to forum at 8.30am for a briefing by a HR personnel...its regarding the rules and regulations of being allowed to work from home.....however, even as i reached at 8.35, there wasnt a single soul to be seen.....but minutes later, some colleagues start streaming in....

we were just sitting ard, chit chatting...not knowing what to do...cuz the senior ATs were not here yet....so having no instructions to act upon, we decided to start on some resources tt we were supposed to complete at home(but cuz we cant bring all of it home yst, there were still some left at the school studio..which was supposed to be brought home today)....

in my opinion, that was good initiative on our part....rather than wasting time doing aimless stuff, we were making our time useful and productive...to this point anything wrong with that? be my judge....

then the 2 senior ATs arrived....at abt 9.10? 9.20?..i didnt noticed exactly...but i know they sure are late..i've no qualms abt tt...we're all used to it anyway....

and then one of them started screaming at my colleague to stop what we're doing cuz there's other things to be done in the studio. WTF?

"i tot we were here for a briefing?"...that was the tot that went thru my head...

apparently, nobody have any idea when the HR colleague is going to arrived, but she does have LOTS of instructions on what we can do while we're there...

ok...lets fast forward....some conversations were exchanged and i decided i need to speak up or i feel like i'm gonna burst with frustration...

"Zach....i need to say something....i need to say something!!"

with that, everybody gave me absolutely attention........

"i dun understand why is it wrong to do our resources in school now since u guys temporarily had nothing for us to do? u mean its wiser for us to slack ard than be productive?"

"no chuiyee, there's nothing wrong. but u know wat? welcome to the real world"

"u know wat? wat i'm trying to get across is, we guys were early, eventhough not on time...but wen we were here...u and shob wasnt here yet. although i dunno why u guys were late, but u guys were late. so since we all had NO idea what we can do, we are making ourselves useful by doing the resources. why shld we be scolded for it? ok...i wasnt scolded...but why shld elizabeth be scolded?"

"no...we didnt scold her"

"well...not exactly scolded...but she was told off.....i dun see why we shld be told off in anyway! we were making good use of time!"

and then Zach went on to give me a long list of explanation.....which got me frustrated and guilty.... cuz Zach had treated me really really really well while i was super new in Evans...and he taught me so much.....gave me so much leeways...shared so much with me.....i totally appreciated him with all my heart.....so its making me real guity for quarrelling with him now....but i just cant hold back my anger with the sense of injustice i felt for elizabeth...

and in the end, i burst out crying

"chuiyee! why are u crying?" Zach was really shocked

"its cuz i'm frustrated tt u dun get my message!!"

"i do! i know what u're trying to say but i'm telling u, u got it all wrong"

and so the 'conversation' went on......

but well...things settled soon after my burst of tears...i felt much better and appeased....and after lunch, shoba also gave us(particularly to me) her explantion...and well...i guess i cld accept it...and i love her as much as i loved Zach for all the things they did for me....

eventhough this episode ended quite happily-ever-after(with zach constantly talking to me just so tt he can make sure i'm really alright...which is super sweet of him) but alot of other things came tumbling out in my conversation with my fellow ATs....

ok....so it got me worked up again....but i didnt speak with zach or shob abt it cuz it doesnt concern them.....but yeah...it got me horribly irritated and disgusted with the politics tt i decided this place is not for me to stay....

whn i spoke to my mum and sisters abt it...they shared my view and we all just had to accept tt this is the ways of working life in a working environment....

since all places are going to this way, then i'd rather i move on to another company where i get much better paid...ha!

i'm gonna miss my friends though.....and!!! my BABIES!!!...oh dear....sighz..thats opportunity cost for me i guess....if i want more dough..then i need to sacrifice the part on job satisfaction......but my boss is too much of a meanie for me to stand it...bleag!

so there...my rants and reasons for deciding to leave the company..and trust me...i'm so gonna let them know exactly how i felt which made me come upon this decision!

No comments: